How contemporary artists can acquire the knowledge, skills and connections to develop their career?
MENTOR: The Artist and the Others, Kunstpodium T, Emilia Telese, Platform BK, national & internationals curators
WHEN: Monday 6th to Friday 10th of July 2020
WHERE: Maastricht & Tilburg, several locations
FEE: €400 (incl. VAT/BTW) *
(* price includes accommodation, all trainings, food, travel between Maastricht and Tilburg. Special early bird price until 30 April; after that you can apply until 30 May for the normal fee of €450)
This intensive Summer School focuses on new ways of learning for artists and gives them the opportunity to concentrate on their profession.
By giving them the possibility to gather pivotal knowledge, skills and connections, it physically supports the participants to develop themselves as professional artists by initiating and enriching their professional network.
Through a period of 5 days, artists from across the world will be immersed in the Dutch and International cultural scene.
They will learn about specific and relevant professional topics that most academies are lacking in the curriculum proposed. Participants will gain and share knowledge about:
- Explore the dynamics of the art world and meet pivotal stakeholders.
- Examine and reflect on career paths, the structure of the art world.
- Outline on art world funding structures in Europe and beyond, including public funding, private sponsorship, crowdfunding and philanthropy systems.
- Explore and develop individual career strategies and promotion skills.
- Introduce professionally related issues such as intellectual property, publishing, writing, rates of pay, arts management, copyright, finance and budgeting and self-resilience.
- Discuss and share knowledge about sustainable models for artists.
- Discuss about the role of alternative spaces, residency and artists’ exchange opportunities.
Participants will meet up with several stakeholders such as curators, museum directors and gallerists to gain insight and become aware of the current dynamics of the international & Dutch scene. Extend their understanding of the art world, expand their connections, be inspired by different fellows and present their work/portfolio to experienced and renowned professionals.
Are you a graduated international and local artist who wants to:
- gain new professional knowledge and skills in the field of arts and its intersections;
- discover and become aware of the International and Dutch artistic scene in The Netherlands;
- connect to curators and initiatives, institutions and gallerists;
- become inspired by a “new” cultural scène and meet other international artists;
- develop a better understanding of possible strategies and opportunities to further develop your career.
One of the highlights of the Summer School is the contribution of international experts who are main actors in shaping and reflecting on the current art field.
Interested? Check more details here about our program and the selection process.
Want to apply? Send your CV & Motivation letter to email@example.com by 30 April 2020.*
* Note: until 30 April you pay the special early bird price of €400; after that you can apply until 30 May for the normal fee of €450.