- This event has passed.
Cancelled: Symposium Moongoose
26 March, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
* Due to current concerns about the coronavirus this symposium will not be realised at this moment *
Previous to the opening of ‘Moongoose’, the artists are organising a symposium at Fontys Tilburg. The five artists take this opportunity to invite the audience in a multidisciplinary lecture, taking their context in an idea wider than the art-world. They have each invited a guest who will speak about his or her expertise and can add an in-depth layer to the work they present at moongoose. The symposium brings artists, scientists and other specialists together, engaging conversation through a series of presentations.
WHERE? Fontys: Zwijsenplein 1, Tilburg, hall A2.01.
WHEN? Thursday 26 March from 18.30 to max. 20.00
FROM WHOM? Everybody that is interested! (free entry)
• Dr. Leon Marshall studies the patterns of biodiversity shifting in space and time with a focus on pollinators. He is particularly interested in the influence of climate and land use changes.
• Fleur Lamers is curator en artist consultant. In her work als a teacher at BEAR ArtEZ Arnhem, and previously at the Rijksakademie, she works with many young artists.
• Dr. Pieter Siebers shall talk about the history of Tilburg. He is co-developer of the historic atlas of Tilburg and works at the University of Tilburg as project coordinator Academic Heritage.
• Prof. dr. Barend Kamphuis is emeritus professor systematic theology at the Theologic University Kampen. He is also bird spotter and bird lover and connected to natural society IJsseldelta, that dedicates itself to natural studies and protection in and around Kampen. In the symposium, Roos Nieboer shall go into discussion with Barend Kamphuis to research the question on what we can learn from birds, and go into depth on how we relate to birds as humans.