Summer School (new date!)
24 August - 28 August
FEE: €400 incl. VAT/BTW* (early bird until 30 April)
• Examine and reflect on career paths, the structure of the art world and the possible identities of the artist.
• Outline on art world funding structures in Europe and beyond, including public funding, private sponsorship, crowdfunding and philanthropy systems.
• Explore and develop individual career strategies and promotion skills.
• Introduce professionally related issues such as intellectual property, publishing, writing, rates of pay, arts management, copyright, finance and budgeting and self-resilience.
• Discuss and share knowledge about sustainable models for artists.
• Discuss about the role of alternative spaces, residency and artists’ exchange opportunities.
Are you a graduated international or local artist who wants to:
– gain your professional knowledge and skills in the field of arts and its intersections;
– discover and become aware of the International and Dutch scene in The Netherlands;
– connect to curators and initiatives, institutions and gallerists;
– become inspired by a “new” cultural scène and meet international artists;
– gain professional knowledge, skills and connections pivotal to developing your career further.
PROGRAM OF THE SUMMER SCHOOL
DAY 1: Monday 24 August 2020
PRESENTING YOUR ARTISTIC PRACTICE
Guests: The Artists and the Others, Sphinx Maastricht (tour)
DAY 2: Tuesday 25 August 2020
MUST-KNOWN DYNAMICS FOR THE CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS
Guests: Joep Vossebeld (B32 – Bonnefantenmuseum – Oda Park Venlo), Wouter Huis, founder of Greylight projects (Heerlen & Brussels), Marieke Severens ( Pontarte Maastricht), Jan van Eyck Academy.
DAY 3: Wednesday 26 August 2020
THE ARTIST AS PROFESSIONAL
Full day workshop by Emilia Telese
DAY 4: Thursday 27 August 2020
RESIDENCY? HOW TO VALUE THEM? WHAT TO LOOK FOR?
Guests: Niek Hendrix, SEA Foundation, AiR- Brabant, PARK, Gastatelier Leo XIII and Museum De Pont
DAY 5: Friday 28 August 2020
SUSTAINABLE MODELS FOR EMERGING ARTISTS
Guests: Platform BK, different curators, gallerists & stakeholders for portfolio review
Send your CV & Motivation letter (in English) to email@example.com by 30 April 2020.
*Note: You can apply until 30 May, but after 1 May you will be paying the normal fee of €450. Applying before 30 April allows you to save €50!
Please, make sure to express in your motivation letter how the Summer School could help you in your future artistic career, etc.
* The participation fee for the summer school is 400€ (This is an early bird price valid until 30 April 2020). This fee includes all professional trainings, accommodations* (six nights from Sunday 5th of July to Saturday 11th of July 2020), food, transportation between Maastricht & Tilburg.
*In case you won’t need an accomodation, please get in touch with us.
The foundation and its partners will select the artists in order to create a diversity that can benefit all the applicants. In this way the school will also function as a harvest hub for sharing knowledge and connecting professionals from all over the world.
The maximum number of participants is 12. This is because we aim to keep the quality as high as possible, and in this way, wIth a close group, participants have the chance to initiate in depth discussion and tutors will have the time to focus on each of them.